Blank values sending data to the API

When I use the API to send an array of strings to translate, some of the values are blank (i.e. contain no value). This appears to throw a translation error. However using the Portal blank values are accepted. How can I translate an input with empty values (i.e., "one", "two", "", "three")

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • I use Postman regularly, however I've not configured it to use our proxy. That said, I've developed a Java SpringBoot application which communicates  with the LanguageWeaver API, posting the following Translation Request attributes:

private String sourceLanguageId;
      private String targetLanguageId;
      private String model;
      private String submissionType;
      private String inputFormat;
      private String[] input;
      private String[] dictionaries;
      private String translationMode;
      private String linguisticOptions;
      private int qualityEstimation;
      private String requestId;
    In this context, the dictionaryID, copied from the "Do Not Translate" id. , is passed to this object which a post request sends this to the LanguageWeaver api. Since I do get a response with translated data, and the not translate variable I've configured using NO_1 TEXT_2 HERE_3, I'm confident the dictionaryId is being transmitted.
    I suppose I could try to configure Postman, but would rather work with my source code. 
    Is this sufficient to diagnose this issue?
    Screenshot of Language Weaver's 'Do Not Translate' dictionary settings page showing a term with source 'BLANK TRANSLATION VALUE' and target 'NO_1 TEXT_2 HERE_3' with a comment 'test case'.
    emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 4:14 PM (GMT 1) on 1 Oct 2024]