An error has ocurred in the application

Hi,

Something wrong happen with my TBM application, I can not see anything, in all the views I have the same error sentence. What can I do?

Error message in Trados Studio Manager's dashboard stating 'An error has occurred in the application' with instructions to contact community forums or submit a bug report. Below, a SQL error 'Invalid column name TypeName' is mentioned.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 10:24 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
emoji
  • Hello, Stephanie,

For some reason such error occurred today for few users. Can you please confirm if it appeared right after installing latest update (6.1.53)? Also, did you see today's update (6.1.54)?

emoji
  • It appeared after installing:   Webpage displaying a download link for Trados Business Manager Online version 6.1.54 executable file.

Trados Studio error message on the dashboard stating 'An error has occurred in the application. Schema needs to be updated. Contact your system administrator. SQL text: Invalid column name 'Typelname'.'

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:24 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
  • Hello, Stephanie,

We work on this problem, but still can't identify the root. I've made a lot of attempts trying to reproduce it, but to no avail - in all cases and scenarios update was installed correctly, and I didn't get similar problem.

For now, while reason has not been identified, can you please follow these few steps to fix that:

• Go to your server and open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
    • Stop TBM website from the Sites submenu
    • Go to the install folder and open appsettings_global.json file using text editor
      Screenshot of Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager showing the TBM website selected under Sites. An alert message states 'No default SSL site has been created.' with a recommendation to create a default SSL site. The 'Stop' action is highlighted for the TBM website.
    • Under DatabaseVersion section, change version from 3223 to 3221.
    • Start website in IIS and try to launch TBM. It should fix!
    • Please tell us results, as it's super important to finally find out what happened.
    emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:25 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
  • Hello,
    Sorry to bring up an old post again and I don't know if it is solved but I updated TBM after a long time and encountered the same or a similar error and I did not have a means of going back to the previous version. I needed to get it working quickly so after checking the forum and finding this post it still did not work so after some time fiddling it now seems to be working at least for now. I am not sure if it may cause any trouble in the future though, but I hope it may help Eugene with a fix.
    I have a standard installation with the default SQLExpress database installed and did the following:

-Uninstall the current TBM from server.
    -Rename the database file and make a backup copy. The directory in my case was C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\DATA
    There are 2 files TBM.mdf and TBM_log.ldf (e.g., I renamed them to TBM2.mdf and TBM2_log.ldf and made a spare copy in another directory in case something went wrong).
    -Reinstall TBM and update then check if it all works. This should create a new database which should work. There should be a new TBM.mdf and TBM_log.ldf in the database directory from the previous step.
    -Use ApexSQL to compare the schemas of the new and working database, created by the new TBM installation, to the previous database, with the actual data.
    -Download ApexSQL (www.apexsql.com/.../ and they have a free trial period), install, create an account and Run ApexSQL Diff.
    -Create a new project and where it asks for data source types and details
    under Source select the new database (in my case the server was "PCNAME"\SQLEXPRESS, Authentication Windows, Database TBM)
    and in Destination select the original database (the server was "PCNAME"\SQLEXPRESS, Authentication Windows, Database TBM2)
    -Select all differences (they were selected by default for me) and click on Synchronize and follow the prompts. ApexSQL will create the statements and click on execute to execute the changes.
    -The original database with the changes should now work. Rename the new database, created from installing TBM, to something else and rename the original one, from the previous installation of TBM and that now has been modified, back to TBM.mdf and TBM_log.ldf.
    -Start SQLExpress (if necessary) and TBM.

That solved it for me. I hope it helps and if you do try it make sure to backup.

emoji
  • Hello,
    Sorry to bring up an old post but I am not sure if it was solved. I updated TBM after a long time and encountered the same or a similar error and I did not have a means of going back to the previous version. I needed to get it working quickly so after checking this forum and finding this post it still did not working so after some time fiddling it now seems to be working at least for now. I am not sure if it may cause any trouble in the future though, but I hope it may help Eugene with a fix.
    I have a standard installation with the default SQLExpress database installed and did the following:

-Uninstall the current TBM from server.
    -Rename the database file and make a backup copy. The directory in my case was
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\DATA
    There are 2 files TBM.mdf and TBM_log.ldf (e.g., I renamed them to TBM2.mdf and TBM2_log.ldf and made a spare copy in another directory in case something went wrong).
    -Reinstall TBM and update then check if it all works. This should create a new database which should work. There should be a new TBM.mdf and TBM_log.ldf in the database directory from the previous step.
    -Use ApexSQL to compare the schemas of the new and working database, created by the new TBM installation, to the previous database, with the actual data.
    -Download ApexSQL (www.apexsql.com/.../ and they have a free trial period), install, create an account and Run ApexSQL Diff.
    -Create a new project and where it asks for data source types and details
    under Source select the new database (in my case the server was "PCNAME"\SQLEXPRESS, Authentication Windows, Database TBM)
    and in Destination select the original database (the server was "PCNAME"\SQLEXPRESS, Authentication Windows, Database TBM2)
    -Select all differences (they were selected by default for me) and click on Synchronize and follow the prompts. ApexSQL will create the statements and click on execute to execute the changes.
    -The original database with the changes should now work. Rename the new database, created from installing TBM, to something else and rename the original one, from the previous installation of TBM and that now has been modified, back to TBM.mdf and TBM_log.ldf.
    -Start SQLExpress (if necessary) and TBM.

This solved it for me. I hope it helps but if you do try it make sure to backup.

emoji