Notifications on client portal are not working properly

Hi Eugene,

When the client submits a project or a job, notifications always show up on the PM accounts. However, when the job status is changed, and the translation is delivered to the client, and any other actions, the notifications on client account do not pop up or appear in the notification list. 

Also, on project delivery, when the Apply button is clicked, sometimes the Project delivery window does not disappear and the notification tab shows nothing.

When creating a new client, in the "Add Contact" window, when I click on Department, a blank page is shown.

Other functions seem working well.

/resized-image/__size/1800x1200/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/567/pastedimage1672026113872v1.png

/resized-image/__size/1800x1200/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/567/pastedimage1672026387462v2.png

emoji
Parents
  • Hi Mike!

Yes, this window opens when you change job/project status to Sent. If Customer contact is selected, Notifications tab in this window will have that contact added (so, 1 notification will be sent). Otherwise, it is indeed empty. Probably, it will be logical to add a biutton there to create a notification to one of existing customer's contacts. We'll add it in the next update.

As for empty department creation window - thank you, we confirm that! Will be fixed! 

emoji
  • Hi Eugene,

Thank you for your reply. There are additional minor bugs here:

1. In the Price List Menu, when I opened a default price list > Linked vendors > Link, a Jobs window appears with error:

Error message in Trados Studio Jobs window with multiple 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' errors and options to show details, try recover, or try recover with clearing list settings.

In addition, when I applied the price list default (with the issues above), the rate for each service was added automatically but incorrectly. For example, review rate is 0.015/word but always applied 30.000/word (although I set it correcly in the price list default)

There is also no option to change its usage type to Clients or Vendors.

2. The "Create new filter" seems does not support the newly added columns. For example, in the Translation jobs List View, I added 2 new columns and would like to create new filter to filter out the rows that do not contain the  value "Vũ Minh Thư", nothing happened.

Trados Studio Translation jobs list view with a red box highlighting the name 'Vu Minh Thu' in the VINA PC SALES column, indicating an issue with the filter not working as expected.

Also, when I clicked on "Live filters" shortcut and clicked it again, the following error prompted:

Error message in Trados Studio Translation jobs window stating 'Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: DevExpress.Xpo.UnitOfWork(2058)' with options to show details or recover.

3. In the Vendor section, I wonder if a batch change for the criteria "Method of determining invoice due date" and "Due date" value (For example batch change from 30 days to 60 days) could be in your to-do list.

4. In the User setting > Files and folders, I don't know the use of "Nested folders in a job folder", and I could not delete them (input by me) from the field, because an error window would pop up upon that action.

Trados Studio User setting for Files and folders showing 'Nested folders in a job folder' with multiple folders listed and an 'x' button to delete, indicating an issue with deletion.

5. When my linguists deliver the target files via the Upload window, if they browse and upload a target file too "quickly", the target file seems to be (sometimes) automatically renamed to the name of the respective source file. Is this mandatory or is it better to leave the target file as it is?

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:27 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
  • Hi Mike,

Wow.. good questions.

1. I believe it was fixed few updates ago. Can you please tell which version you have?

2. Unfortunately, custom fields are not supported in custom filters. You can see that by missing inputs in the column header.

3. Ok, we will add these values to the Batch change window.

4. Should be fixed by now. Again, installing an update should fix this.

5. Well, renaming target file and adding language code at the end is by design. But I agree, probably it could be changed. Sometimes it's a good functionality, but probably sometimes not. Need to think about it. 

emoji
  • Hi Eugene,

Thank you for your kind reply. I think I've got the latest version as no Update button is shown.

Trados Business Manager license information showing version 6.1.73, licensed version TEAM, with addons for Client portal and Vendor portal. Expiry date is listed as NEVER EXPIRES and maximum seats are 4.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:27 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
Reply Children
No Data