Finding the right partner

Hi guys ...
Maybe I am missing something but, to find a translator using filters is being for me quite difficoult ...

I mean ... what if I just need to find in my DB a translator who translate into spanish?

IF write here ES I get not the ones who have spanish as second language BUT all the combinations which is quite a mess, because many translators have many language pairs. What if I do not care about their other pairs but Only whant to find the ones who translate in spanish and that's all?

Is there a place where I can filter spanish language only ???
or even better ...
Set L1 = Russian AND set L2 = Spanish ...

Thank You.
Pietro

P.S.
This is my filter with now:
It's a bit messy, sorry ...

In this search I do not want to see pairs like German-Spanish or Italian-Spanish ...

Screenshot of Trados Studio filter settings showing a list of language pairs with 'ES' entered in the text filter box, resulting in a mix of language pairs including Spanish.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 5:25 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • I mean ... what if I just need to find in my DB a translator who translate into spanish?

Hello, Pietro,

In the list of vendors, right click on the table header > Edit filter. In the popup window, add a new condition and select Language list field. Then, add another field under it, select Language.Target language, and in the value field select your language:

Trados Studio Filter Editor window showing a condition added to filter vendors by target language, with 'Spanish' selected from a dropdown list.

Also, in the list of vendors there is live filters on the right, which allow to filter vendors by supported language pairs.

Is this support portal working or not ???

It is working, but it is community forums, not support portal. I do my best answering messages.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 5:25 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hey ... hello Eugene!
    And thank You for Your reply !!!
    It works ... and it is a very great way to find vendors ... BUT ... wouldn't better to ADD a BUTTON in the top for such filter actions ??? It is not so easy to found!

About the community forums:
    Sorry my friend! I really think SDL should provide more assistance, to be honest (expecially once I (and others) even after buynd BaccS Desktop have spent more money to buy the Business Manager) ... but ok. I really appreciate your job, really!
    Thank you one more time!
    Pietro

• Thank you Pietro!

It's not so easy to simply add such button on top. Imagine, there are million of cases and filtering requirements. It's not possible to handle them all. In the Live filter (panel on the right of vendor list) there is a filter by language pair, which does the same and saves these clicks I explained in previous post. Search by target language isn't included there, because I didn't think it's valuable option. Why to search by target Spanish, for example, but don't include source language? Search results could be irrelevant. As I know, usually search is performed by language pairs.

Also, this live filter isn't available when you select a vendor from translation assignments. But it's available when you pickup candidates from assignment or when simply view list of vendors through reference data.

In upcoming version, live filters will also be available in the Vendor field of translation assignment as well.

• Thank you Pietro!

It's not so easy to simply add such button on top. Imagine, there are million of cases and filtering requirements. It's not possible to handle them all. In the Live filter (panel on the right of vendor list) there is a filter by language pair, which does the same and saves these clicks I explained in previous post. Search by target language isn't included there, because I didn't think it's valuable option. Why to search by target Spanish, for example, but don't include source language? Search results could be irrelevant. As I know, usually search is performed by language pairs.

Also, this live filter isn't available when you select a vendor from translation assignments. But it's available when you pickup candidates from assignment or when simply view list of vendors through reference data.

In upcoming version, live filters will also be available in the Vendor field of translation assignment as well.

Children