Bug: Minimum Charge Dialogue

Dear Eugene,

If you enter a job with an amount lower than the set Minimum Charge, BaccS warns you that the amount is lower than the minimum charge. Which is great.

But then two things happen

1) You press Yes, and BaccS changes the number of Words. This is undesirable since the words you entered is the correct one. It would perhaps be better to only change the money amount and (maybe) add a note?

2) You press No, and nothing happens. Basically, BaccS prevents you from saving a job with a price lower than the minimum charge, even if you wanted to do so (for example, a correction, a one off, a special offer, or whatever). When you press No, BaccS should let you save it as you want.

What do you think?

Lorenzo

Parents
  • Hello, Lorenzo,

Can't confirm this bug, as all works well here. I mean second point - job is saved correctly when I click No. Which version you use?

1) You press Yes, and BaccS changes the number of Words. This is undesirable since the words you entered is the correct one. It would perhaps be better to only change the money amount and (maybe) add a note?

Well, if to change just amount, then Quantity * Price = Amount formula won't work anymore, and any manual change of quantity or price will lead to loosing amount. That's why system automatically changes quantity. Maybe, correct behavior will be to change Unit to Flat rate, leave quantity as 1, and set amount to Min charge value.

If you create an additional Price List with the lower minimum charge, the program continues to use the default minimum charge, instead of the minimum charge included in the selected price list.

But Price lists don't allow to set min charges. Are you sure that the question is correct?

• Hello Eugene!

I just tried again with v 5.2.2 and I can confirm that if you enter a job with an amount lower than the minimum charge, and then you click on "Save and Close" the warning dialogue appears.

If you click "no", the dialogue closes but the job remains open.

The only way to close the job is to click on the X on the tab

If I click on Save and Close, the job should save and close, I think

About minimum charges, if you have separate price lists, why not have the minimum charge in the price list?

Finally; this thing of tabs shrinking and losing their name is driving me wild.

Are you really sure it’s not a bug? Once they shrunk, there is no way re-enlarge them...

Thanks

Lorenzo

• Now I see! I tested with Save button! Indeed save and close doesn't work. Thank you, will fix.

About minimum charges, if you have separate price lists, why not have the minimum charge in the price list?

Well, currently min charge can only be specified on a customer level. Price-list level.. Not sure, but we'll take this.

Are you really sure it’s not a bug? Once they shrunk, there is no way re-enlarge them...

Correct. I fully reproduced behavior of any browser with pinned tabs. Pinned tabs loose caption, leaving only icon. Unpinning reverts caption back. You still not agree? It saves space.

Reply Children