Custom fields

Hello,

I have a question about custom fields, I know how to create them and how to display them in the view, I can't find anywhere if it is possible to create multi-select fields.

Is it at all possible to do this in TBM? 

Regards

Patryk

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • I'm sorry for such a long delay in replying, with these fields I mean, for example, a situation in which a translator is able to provide translation services in more than one subject. For example, purely theoretically he/she can be a translator for "IT" and "Finance".

A multiple choice field with predefined subject areas would allow to enter these different subject areas for a given translator.

Data from such a field should be filterable and displayed on the Vendor list, and when you enter a Vendor, this data should be displayed in his/her card.

emoji
  • Hi Patryk,

Well, with this particular example, we have possibility to provide multiple languages or specializations in the vendor profile (using special tables). However, imagine how vendor list could look if you add tens of values into these tables, and these values should be displayed in a single table cell. We'll just pollute screen space with a lot of labels which will be difficult to read.

For this reason, we try not to display data from nested tables, but instead - in this particular case - make it possible to filter by languages or specializations:

Screenshot of Trados Studio's vendor management interface showing an empty vendor list with filter options for various fields like first name, last name, and email. On the right, there are checkboxes for filtering by native language and services provided, such as translation and editing.

I would agree that it could be nice to see supported specializations/languages right in the vendor list, but this is not about custom fields. I think this is about improving application and making it possible to view this data in some useful way.

What do you think?

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:00 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]