Invoice template issues - quantity of words (total vs fuzzy), PO Date and Language combination disappearing

Hi, 

so, I have been working on an invoice template for several days now and I'm almost there. However, a few issues remain unsolved, even after multiple hours of searching, while I would think there is a straight answer to it. I just can't seem to get it right. 

So basically, I'm adding a screenshot of how the template looks right now, in the designer and as an example, and marked my questions in it. 

I have absolutely no idea why the PO Date disappears for only one job (while all the other jobs are okay), nor why the language combination disappears (for all jobs except the first one). I have tried all possible combinations of suppress and shrink or leave - tag/value etc., but whatever I do, it remains like this. 

The most important thing, however, is that I would like to display the total amount of words per job on top (so not weighted quantity), and then the split between matches. Where can I find the total quantity of a job? I found all the other possibilities (fuzzy quantity, weighted quantity etc.), but not that one....

I would very much appreciate any help! 

Kind regards, 

Marieke

Screenshot of Trados Studio invoice template in design mode with fields for Description, PO Date, Service, Quantity, Price, and Amount.Screenshot of Trados Studio invoice example highlighting missing PO Date for one job, missing language combination for all but the first job, and a request to remove excess space.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:21 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi Marieke,

Thank you for the template. I see your questions now. But your template doesn't look as on the image above. 

1. Why PO date and language pairs disappear. Because it is configured to hide repetitive values. Select this cell in the designer, and find Behavior - Process duplicates property. Change it according to your preferences.

2. Quantities. If you want to have some totals at top and then detailed fuzzy data at bottom, it will require some work. Create a new grouping band and group by Job.Id field. Then in this group header band you can use summary by this group (like total quantity for a job, or total amount), and each detail row will contain individual rows from this group (where you could use quantity, fuzzy type, price etc). I'm attaching example template. But I don't recommend such approach, because if your job contains some words and some hours, summarizing it won't be a good idea. However, there is still a solution, but your grouping will require not only job.id, but also service type.id.

Invoice.zip

emoji
Children
No Data