Update needed to Invoice Template

Currently, the invoice template does not provide my address, it does not provide a space for the file name, and the payment instructions are not set up with text wrap, so my instructions are cut off.  This makes for an embarrassing invoice.   It would be better to have a detail for the overall description of job and another for each file/item within the job.  Currently, there is no room for the file name.  I often get assignments with multiple files, each with their own word count.  The PM should be able to match the file to their word counts without having to guess.

I am currently working through the tutorials on database structure and customizing templates so I can send a professional invoice, but this should have been provided by default.

emoji
Parents
  • I am examining the property settings in the invoice template and find that the data field for payment methods is set for text wrapping, but when I print a PDF, it cuts off the text.  This appears as a column on the right side of the page, where the field in the designer is positioned on the left side of the page.

emoji
  • Hi William,

I agree. I see that default invoice template v8 does not have this issue. But others indeed have!

So, to avoid this, for example in v1 template, need to change this property:

Screenshot of Trados Studio invoice template v1 showing properties panel with a focus on 'Multiline' property being enabled to fix text display issue.

We will do that in the next update too!

As for file name, i think that's an individual preference, so we don't include them in default templates. But should be easy to add.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:18 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Reply Children
No Data