Message Template Defaults

When I want to send an invoice, I first go to a long list of message templates, then I search on Invoice.  The invoice template will come up, with the possibility of assigning this template as the default for new invoices. 

When I chose this option, I get the following error:

If I chose a different random message template, such as assignment cancelled, and pick "Make this default for new Invoices," there is no error message.

If, instead of doing a search on "invoice," I scroll down through the massive list of message templates and find "invoice," I can mark this as the default without a problem.  However, when I want to send an invoice, this template does not come up by default, and I have to search through the list again.  It is simpler to just skip this "feature" and send a normal email with the PDF invoice as attachment.  This was never a problem with BACCS, yet RWS can't get this simple procedure right.  What is going on??

emoji
Parents
  • Hi William,

Ok, i have a solution here.

If you open Reference data - Message templates, you will see that you have empty values in the 'Use as default for' column. If you find your invoice template, open it and select New invoices in this field, then save it, and TBM won't be asking you to select a template when you create mail message for your invoice.

As for the error, I tried to reproduce it but failed. I cleared default invoice template here in reference data. Then wen to invoice list and created new message for an invoice. Then I saw list of message templates. I filtered it by entering something in the column header, and then double clicked on necessary template. It was applied correctly, without such error as you shown above. So, maybe we have different TBM versions?

emoji
  • Hi William,

Ok, i have a solution here.

If you open Reference data - Message templates, you will see that you have empty values in the 'Use as default for' column. If you find your invoice template, open it and select New invoices in this field, then save it, and TBM won't be asking you to select a template when you create mail message for your invoice.

As for the error, I tried to reproduce it but failed. I cleared default invoice template here in reference data. Then wen to invoice list and created new message for an invoice. Then I saw list of message templates. I filtered it by entering something in the column header, and then double clicked on necessary template. It was applied correctly, without such error as you shown above. So, maybe we have different TBM versions?

emoji
Children
No Data