Cloning TBM 5 (Baccs 5) from one computer to another and transfer data

Hello folks!

I find myself having to work offsite a lot lately and I would like to clone my (heavily customised) installation of BACCS (TBM) 5 from one computer to another so that I can enter data on either computer in the same way.

I think I have an additional license, or I can just deactivate and reactivate the license as needed.

I was hoping I could backup one installation and restore on the other, but it does not work.

Copying the database across also does not work.

Neither does it work if I "export and import selected" rows from the Dashboard table.

Any idea of what I could do?

Thanks!

Lorenzo

emoji
Parents Reply
  • Thank you, all fine here (if it's applicable to use these words). Really hope all is going well for you too?? 

Well, you're right about export, because when you import invoices, and they are linked to jobs, jobs must already exist in database. But on your place I would better use whole database file movement. It is safer because you won't manually miss any job/invoice, and could avoid any possible error during export/import. If it works correctly and proven, then of course you could use export/import.

but I could not find where (and if) I can specify where the database folder is to be located

by default it is install folder, database folder. but in the settings you could change this. I forgot about v5, but suppose it will be Settings > App settings 1, or Database settings tab.

emoji
Children
No Data