Unable to connect to database

Questions:

1. Unable to connect to database. Where do I find the credentials for the connection to the database? Tried to use localhost with disable https to access TBM but it just renders lot's of connection error messages 

2. We have a domain that we want to use for the TBM access. How can we connect the domain to the installation? 

emoji
Parents
  • Hello, Magnus,

1. When you install database server, there is step to configure access (Windows user or specified login/password). If you use default settings in the installation, then Windows user should be used. In IIS Manager, open advanced settings for the application pool and select Identity there who has access to the database server. For example, you can provide Administrator there, This is mentioned in the installation instructions:

community.rws.com/.../installing-sdl-trados-business-manager-team-enterprise

2. Domain question is not specific to TBM, but to server administration. It's easy to find in any search engine how to bind your domain to your server and then bind it to web app in IIS manager. In general, you point your domain to dns server according to your hosting provider instructions, and then just add binding to that URL in web site properties in IIS manager. So the first step here is to search instructions from your hosting provider.

I'm also not a network or server administrator, so I don't think I can provide more detailed instructions (my knowledge is very limited in this field, and it does not related to TBM, but to servers in general), because this all affect security on the server, and it should be configured properly. 

emoji
  • Hello, Magnus,

1. When you install database server, there is step to configure access (Windows user or specified login/password). If you use default settings in the installation, then Windows user should be used. In IIS Manager, open advanced settings for the application pool and select Identity there who has access to the database server. For example, you can provide Administrator there, This is mentioned in the installation instructions:

community.rws.com/.../installing-sdl-trados-business-manager-team-enterprise

2. Domain question is not specific to TBM, but to server administration. It's easy to find in any search engine how to bind your domain to your server and then bind it to web app in IIS manager. In general, you point your domain to dns server according to your hosting provider instructions, and then just add binding to that URL in web site properties in IIS manager. So the first step here is to search instructions from your hosting provider.

I'm also not a network or server administrator, so I don't think I can provide more detailed instructions (my knowledge is very limited in this field, and it does not related to TBM, but to servers in general), because this all affect security on the server, and it should be configured properly. 

emoji
Children