Working on Packages in SDL Trados Live

Hi,

I don't seen an option to open a Package received from a client in SDL Trados Live. What am I missing?

Parents Reply
  •  

Sorry hear you get no value whatsoever from the other changes in Trados Studio 2021.  For me (personal opinion obviously!) the Trados Live part is the last bit that would have encouraged me to upgrade.  This version solves many problems that users have had for years and there are many new apps that only work on 2021 that are well worth having.

But if you really want to handle the packages in the cloud now (which really does need to be supported... and it will soon) then you could do this:

1. install the XLIFF Manager from the appstore:
      https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/xliff-manager-for-sdl-trados-studio/1099/
    2. open the package in Studio
    3. export the files as XLIFF using the XLIFF Manager
    4. create your cloud project with the XLIFF files
    5. translate your project
    6. when complete save the target XLIFF files and import back into the original package project using the XLIFF Manager

I'm only suggesting this in case you're interested.  It's quite a well managed process and if you really see value in using the Cloud for this then it's probably worth the effort.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Children