Not able to add a term with 'add new term' button for a cloud project

Hello

I am working on a cloud project, and I am facing many difficulties. First, I have a message says 'no access to project', but everything is fine when I translate, so I decide to ignore it, but it makes me a little uncomfortable to see this kind of message. Should I do something about it?

Anyhow, this is not my principal question. My question is about termbase.

I am working, by the way, on my computer, not on the website itself. From my desktop.

The problem is that I am not able to add a term into the termbase using the 'add new term' button.

The Term recognition window is working fine, but it seems that there is a problem in the termbase viewer window.

First, each time I want to add a term (once in a while, once a day or every two days) the window of the term viewer opens and ask my password. I do it and the termbase opens (generally, sometimes, it doesn't work, in this case I have to restart studio).

After that, I click "add new term", but nothing happens. This is like I did not do anything.

I am able to add a term manually, but not using the 'add new term' button. Because it takes so much more time to do it manually, I do not add any term anymore, which is not good.

Someone else experimented the same problem?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Suzanne

Parents
  • Hello ,

I think there is perhaps a few different things to look at here

The problem is that I am not able to add a term into the termbase using the 'add new term' button.

If you right-click the highlighted term-are you then able to add the term? or using the shortcut CTRL+F2?

First, each time I want to add a term (once in a while, once a day or every two days) the window of the term viewer opens and ask my password. I do it and the termbase opens (generally, sometimes, it doesn't work, in this case I have to restart studio).

It may be worthwhile clearing the cookies and cache in your browser as perhaps an old password is being 'remembered' triggering the repeated log in requests.

Also worth trying is Resetting Windows Layout- this seems to cure a lot of unexplained issues

Trados Studio screenshot showing the 'Reset Window Layout' option highlighted in the 'View' tab.

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:05 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hello ,

I think there is perhaps a few different things to look at here

If you right-click the highlighted term-are you then able to add the term? or using the shortcut CTRL+F2?

It may be worthwhile clearing the cookies and cache in your browser as perhaps an old password is being 'remembered' triggering the repeated log in requests.

Also worth trying is Resetting Windows Layout- this seems to cure a lot of unexplained issues

Trados Studio screenshot showing the 'Reset Window Layout' option highlighted in the 'View' tab.

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:05 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children