Add-ons on Trados Live. Please install more!

I recently purchased a Trados Freelance licence, thinking I could use it fully through Trados Live. I am a Mac user and this is the most convenient way to use Trados. Now, I thought I could add any add-ons/plugins. However, there are only a few installed in Trados Live. These are: DeepL, Google, Microsoft, Amazon and AEM. Now these are all paying services. Is there a way to get the MyMemory and IATE installed on Trados Live? These are all available on free CAT tools. Why not paying Trados?

emoji
Parents Reply
  •   

Well... you are paying for Trados Studio and it comes with cloud capabilities.  You can use all of the available apps on the desktop and work between the cloud and the desktop as needed.

We don't intend to be a cloud only solution and are working to ensure improved synchronisation between the desktop and cloud and this gets better with every release.  The APIs are new, the freel tools you mention have nowhere near as many apps available as Trados Studio, and over time we'll have these available in the cloud where needed too.

You use a MAC and that's essentially your real problem.  If you are not prepared to use Windows and only want to work in a browser that has the add-ons you want today then don't rant... use a free tool!

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children