Open project packages in cloud

Hi all, I've recently updated my working setup to a MacBook and would like to stop using my Windows PC at all. But since I wouldn't like to use Parallels or anything like that, I'd like to know if there is currently the possibility to open and work on project packages using ONLY the Language Cloud. I saw some previous posts here regarding that but would like to know if there have been any updates on it. Thanks a lot!

emoji
Parents Reply
  • I would like to go further here. The idea of cloud-based projects is to make it possible to translate end to end on the cloud. For example, so a person doesn't need to lug two laptops along when travelling, since Trados is not usable on a Mac.

I have looked at the following info. This is not helpful. It is very long and unintuitive.

docs.rws.com/.../creating-projects-from-------------trados-studio-cloud-capabilities

All I want to do is the **very simplest and most basic possible operation**: open a Trados Studio package from a client directly in the cloud, translate it in the cloud on a browser on my Mac, and deliver a package to the client.

Unbelievably, this appears to be impossible - or at least is very complicated involving multiple unintuitive steps. Can you please confirm this?

I have gone through the steps in the above instructions for a Trados package, but once it was in the cloud, some of the files in the package were unreadable (a problem not known when translating on desktop) and ultimately I was not able to complete the operation. The option "Open in Online Editor" was grayed out since the package didn't open properly.

I just went back to my PC, since it was so much simpler. This means I cannot, in practice, translate on the cloud since it is so unreliable and I don't have the time to spend troubleshooting every package a client sends me.

Another interesting problem is that I just created this today, May 13, but on the dashboard the RWS site is showing me they were created on "May 23". You can't make this stuff up! I remain in disbelief at how poor and nonfunctional such an expensive tool is.

emoji
Children
No Data