Cloud termbase not working in Studio desktop application (but does in online editor)

I'm using the Trados Team online platform to create projects and add files, but I translate in the Trados Studio desktop app for Windows (I know RWS hates me for this, will have to migrate to online 100% eventually.)

The project template that I use when I create projects includes a termbase that I have saved in the cloud.

My problem is that the termbase does not open/become available in the Trados Studio desktop app ("No open termbase"). I opened the same test file in the online editor, and it is happily showing all the hits available in the termbase.

This used to work in the Studio desktop app, too, but not anymore. When I open Project Settings -> Termbases, it shows "Cloud-based Terminology (default)" as enabled. But there's a red circle with a white cross in the name as well (see attached image)

What could be the problem here? I think my colleagues do not experience the same problem, but we are using slightly different versions of the Studio desktop app.

I'm currently using Trados Studio 2022 - 17.0.4.13209

Trados Studio Termbases settings window showing 'Cloud-based Terminology (default)' with a red circle and white cross indicating an error.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 7:30 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hi  , the reason why the red "X" is shown is because the connection is not established. Can you select the Cloud-based terminology (default) -> Remove. After the terminology is removed please re-establish the connection Use -> Cloud-based Terminology.

I hope this helps.

Alex J.

emoji
  • Thank you for the reply.

I am able to remove it, but then literally nothing happens when I try to re-establish it through Use -> Cloud-based Terminology.

Otherwise, the Cloud-Studio connection with the TMs etc. works as expected.

emoji
  • Hi Henrik - is there anything in the Studio log files - you can access it via "File - > View Log File" when it does not work/nothing happens, sometimes the log file will be able to tell us more. Thanks, Daniel

Daniel Brockmann
    Team Trados @ RWS

emoji
  • Hi, and thanks for the tip.

I'm not familiar with the syntax, but I guess this looks like a termbase-related problem in the Log File. Can you make anything out of it?

INFO [2023-09-20 10:22:02,427] Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.ProjectTermbasesLoader - begin async initializing for document text1.docx.sdlxliff
    INFO [2023-09-20 10:22:02,427] Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.ProjectTermbasesLoader - Begin the termbases initalization. The number of calls to the server = 0
    INFO [2023-09-20 10:22:02,449] Sdl.LanguageCloud.TerminologyProvider.LanguageCloudTerminologyProviderFactory - Cloud-Based Terminology Provider started
    INFO [2023-09-20 10:22:02,459] Sdl.LanguageCloud.TerminologyProvider.LanguageCloudTerminologyProviderFactory - User john.doe@johndoe.com logged in to Cloud-Based Terminology Provider
    ERROR [2023-09-20 10:22:02,465] Sdl.LanguageCloud.TerminologyProvider.LanguageCloudTerminologyProviderFactory - Error during initialization
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: collection
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
    at Sdl.LanguageCloud.TerminologyProvider.Service.PersistenceService.GetProviderSettingsList()
    at Sdl.LanguageCloud.TerminologyProvider.Service.PersistenceService.Load(String user)
    at Sdl.LanguageCloud.TerminologyProvider.LanguageCloudTerminologyProviderFactory.CreateTerminologyProvider(Uri terminologyProviderUri, ITerminologyProviderCredentialStore credentials)
    INFO [2023-09-20 10:22:02,468] Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.ProjectTermbasesLoader - Initalize termbases end. The number of calls to the server = 0
    INFO [2023-09-20 10:22:02,468] Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.ProjectTermbasesLoader - GetTermbases, initialization event fired for text1.docx.sdlxliff
    INFO [2023-09-20 10:22:02,468] Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.ProjectTermbasesLoader - GetTermbases end initialization for text1.docx.sdlxliff

emoji
  • Hi, and thanks for the tip.

I'm not familiar with the syntax, but I guess this looks like a termbase-related problem in the Log File. Can you make anything out of it?

INFO [2023-09-20 10:22:02,427] Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.ProjectTermbasesLoader - begin async initializing for document text1.docx.sdlxliff
    INFO [2023-09-20 10:22:02,427] Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.ProjectTermbasesLoader - Begin the termbases initalization. The number of calls to the server = 0
    INFO [2023-09-20 10:22:02,449] Sdl.LanguageCloud.TerminologyProvider.LanguageCloudTerminologyProviderFactory - Cloud-Based Terminology Provider started
    INFO [2023-09-20 10:22:02,459] Sdl.LanguageCloud.TerminologyProvider.LanguageCloudTerminologyProviderFactory - User john.doe@johndoe.com logged in to Cloud-Based Terminology Provider
    ERROR [2023-09-20 10:22:02,465] Sdl.LanguageCloud.TerminologyProvider.LanguageCloudTerminologyProviderFactory - Error during initialization
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: collection
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
    at Sdl.LanguageCloud.TerminologyProvider.Service.PersistenceService.GetProviderSettingsList()
    at Sdl.LanguageCloud.TerminologyProvider.Service.PersistenceService.Load(String user)
    at Sdl.LanguageCloud.TerminologyProvider.LanguageCloudTerminologyProviderFactory.CreateTerminologyProvider(Uri terminologyProviderUri, ITerminologyProviderCredentialStore credentials)
    INFO [2023-09-20 10:22:02,468] Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.ProjectTermbasesLoader - Initalize termbases end. The number of calls to the server = 0
    INFO [2023-09-20 10:22:02,468] Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.ProjectTermbasesLoader - GetTermbases, initialization event fired for text1.docx.sdlxliff
    INFO [2023-09-20 10:22:02,468] Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.ProjectTermbasesLoader - GetTermbases end initialization for text1.docx.sdlxliff

emoji
Children