same wrong data on memory units

In the last week or so we are seeing this date on all our memory tags. We have Studio 2021 versions installed. This is evidently creating some problems for us. Has anybody else encountered a similar issue and/or managed to solve it? Thank You.  

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing a segment with a memory tag displaying an incorrect date of 01010001 01:00:00.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 9:56 AM (GMT 1) on 25 Jul 2024]
emoji
  • Hello,

I understand that you're experiencing an issue with incorrect data on your memory tags in Trados Studio 2021. I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this has caused.

Based on the context provided, it seems like this issue can be resolved by following these steps:

Step 1: Close all RWS applications.

Step 2: Navigate to the following location on your computer: C:\Users\%User Name%\App Data\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio16

Step 3: Locate the file named 'Translation Memory Repository.xml'. Rename this file to 'Translation Memory Repository_old.xml' or delete it.

Step 4: Open Trados Studio and check if the issue persists.

Please note that this issue has been permanently fixed in Trados Studio 2021 SR 1 on build 16.1.0.3490. Therefore, if you're still experiencing this issue, it might be a good idea to check for updates within the application and ensure that you're running the latest version of Trados Studio.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand that you're experiencing an issue with incorrect data on your memory tags in Trados Studio 2021. I'm here to help you resolve this issue.

Based on the context provided, it seems like the issue might be related to the Translation Memory Repository.xml file. Here are the steps to address this:

Step 1: Close all RWS applications on your computer.

Step 2: Navigate to the following location on your computer: C:\Users\%User Name%\App Data\Local\SDL\Trados Studio\Studio16

Step 3: Locate the file named 'Translation Memory Repository.xml'.

Step 4: Rename this file to 'Translation Memory Repository_old.xml' or delete it.

Step 5: Open Trados Studio and check if the issue persists.

Please note that this issue has been permanently fixed in Trados Studio 2021 SR 1 on build 16.1.0.3490. If you're not already using this version, I recommend updating to it.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  •  

Can you confirm that this is only occurring when working with a Cloud based TM?  So maybe Trados Team for example?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • You're absolutely right: we work with Cloud based TMs on Trados Team. Sorry I forgot to mention this. 

emoji