How to make a project consistent.

Hi, I have been asked to make an existing, and very inconsistent project neat and clean again. I have a TM with approx. 100.000 segments and no termbase. Is there a tool I could use? Or can someome give me some tips about how to tackle this challenge?

emoji
  • Hi  

Is the problem poor source quality or poor TM reliance?

You could add your current TM, apply an extreme high fuzzy match for initial pre-translation such as 95%+
    Then mark the TM for reference only. Create a second TM that pertains to this inconsistent project and store quality translations into this new TM for ongoing reliance which will help for all those segments that have medium to high fuzzy matches.

Something like this

Failing that then, features like AutoPropogate is perfect for those repetitive segments.

Advanced display filter would have some great categories that could help you cross check and help focus on certain parts of your inconsistent project

There is also QA features like these which help ensure duplication and unedited fuzzy matches are captured for your ongoing revision 

Apps like projectTermExtract, https://appstore.rws.com/plugin/34/, would be a good tool to initiate project specific terminology.

I hope this helps a bit?
    Have a good day

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji