Hidden window - can't get it back

Good morning,
I have a problem with the find/replace window that is hidden. I just cannot get it back in order to use the command.
I have tried a number of tricks to get it back, following the tips on this link, for instance www.howtogeek.com/.../, but nothing works.
I manage to select it, but nothing happens when I try the various methods to "snap" it back on screen.
I have re-strarted Trados several times; the computer too.
Worth noting that this has happened to me before, and I always manage to get the window back somehow - but not this time. I'm stuck and I desperately need help.
emoji
  •  

If you have lost a window in Windows and it is on a different screen that you no longer have access to, there are a few things you can try to restore it:

1. Use the keyboard shortcut: If you have multiple displays, you can try using the keyboard shortcut "Windows key + Shift + Left/Right arrow key" to move the active window between displays. This may bring the lost window back into view.

2. Use the taskbar: If the lost window is still open, you can check the taskbar to see if it is minimized. If it is, right-click the application's icon in the taskbar and choose "Maximize" or "Restore" to bring the window back into view.

3. Use the Alt+Tab shortcut: If the lost window is still open but you can't see it, try using the Alt+Tab keyboard shortcut to cycle through all open windows. When you come across the lost window, select it to bring it into view.

4. Use the task manager: If none of the above methods work, you can use the Windows Task Manager to end the task of the application that is associated with the lost window. Once you have ended the task, restart the application and the window should be restored.

5. Use third-party software: If the above methods do not work, there are third-party software options such as DisplayFusion and Dual Monitor Tools that can help you manage and restore lost windows in multi-display setups.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • If none of the above work it might be off screen. In that case you should still have it on the taskbar. Click on it. Then:

• Type Alt+Space and then type M (those are the windows' menu to move a window. Try it on a visible window first to see the effect.)
    • Now use an arrow key to move the window. You only have to use the key once and then move your mouse. The window should then move to your mouse cursor.
    emoji