TM CREATION

Hello, I am trying to create my first TM , importing transalted files into it. I have imported 3 files until now but the third one has been imported partially I don't understand why...The transaltion of the file is completed... Why only some segments have been imported? 

Thank you for a kind reply

emoji
Parents
  •  

Are you referring to the end report as seen below?

Trados Studio import summary showing 2 items read, 0 items imported, and 0 invalid items.

In my case it says it read 2 (I had a small data sample set) but it imported 0.
    Is this what you are referring too? 

Default setting when importing is to only add new translation units (unique)
    This is to avoid duplication.

There options worth exploring at step 3 as seen below, with documentation and clarifications found here

Trados Studio import settings with options to import as plain text, exclude language variants, export invalid units, and handle target segment differences.

If however your noticing some of the imports are showing as invalid, well then the import function is doing a good job at keep any corrupt/faulty segments at bay in order to keep the integrity of your main TM.

I hope this offers you some clarity?

Lyds 

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 3:56 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  •  

Are you referring to the end report as seen below?

Trados Studio import summary showing 2 items read, 0 items imported, and 0 invalid items.

In my case it says it read 2 (I had a small data sample set) but it imported 0.
    Is this what you are referring too? 

Default setting when importing is to only add new translation units (unique)
    This is to avoid duplication.

There options worth exploring at step 3 as seen below, with documentation and clarifications found here

Trados Studio import settings with options to import as plain text, exclude language variants, export invalid units, and handle target segment differences.

If however your noticing some of the imports are showing as invalid, well then the import function is doing a good job at keep any corrupt/faulty segments at bay in order to keep the integrity of your main TM.

I hope this offers you some clarity?

Lyds 

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 3:56 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children
No Data