Error message related to numbers when using QA checker

Dear Mr/Ms:
Good day!

I'm now dealing with a large translation project with Trados 2021. When I use the QA checker, I found many messages related to numbers that are false positive. Checking such messages cost me a lot of time. So I would like to ask you to help me.
There are mainly three kind of error messages that confused me.

1. The numbers in translated text are the same as those in source text, but message shows "Number is missing in target segment or is not properly localized."

Screenshot showing two error messages in Trados QA Checker 3.0. Both indicate 'Number is missing in target segment or is not properly localized' for segments with numbers matching the source text.

2. When there is a hypen"-" between two numbers, the "Number is missing in target segment or is not properly localized." error message will appear.

Screenshot displaying two error messages in Trados QA Checker 3.0. Errors state 'Number is missing in target segment or is not properly localized' for segments with hyphenated numbers.

3. when the translator adds a space in the Alphanumeric string, the "Extra number in target segment." message will appear.

Screenshot of Trados QA Checker 3.0 with two error messages. Both messages read 'Extra number in target segment' for segments where a space is added in an alphanumeric string.

I wonder which settings should I modify to avoid such false positive messages? Or are they unavoidable due to the logic of QA Checker?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Fiona

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 3:58 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji