Update to a new version

Hi guys,

I recently installed Trados Studio 2019 with a licence from the university. I haven't used properly and sat down to start learning yesterday and noticed that there is a notification about an update from my current version 15.0.0.29074 to the new one 15.2.4.1693. I started the update but after some messages I decided not to proceed as I was worried that would loose the current set up and would have to re-apply the licence. Is this correct? And if so is this normal. What would you recommend? Message below. Sorry if this sounds silly but I am new to this and prefer to ask. Thank you in advance for your help.

Update notification for SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 with options to Accept or Decline. Message explains the update process and automatic installation. 

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 11:34 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hi 

You can proceed with the update installation without losing your settings or the license. Your settings and license remain active from update to update.

The only time you need to release the license from your computer is if you are moving to a new machine. 

Once you have installed SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2, you will receive a notification each time there is a new update available.

Here, SR2 is replacing SR1. You will also receive notifications of 'cumulative updates', currently we're on CU4.

Also, after you have updated Studio, you should then open MultiTerm and check for updates via the Help tab. They work best together when the most recent version of each is installed.

There is quite a lot of info available for users of Studio:

Events and webinars

Resources

You'll find lots of stuff, for example the SDL Trados Studio 2019 manual or the SDL MultiTerm 2019 manual

There's also the SDL Knowledgebase where you can search for known issues and their solutions.

All of the above and a whole lot more is accessible via the SDL Support Home page.
    It's also available of course via the links on the Help tab of Studio and MultiTerm.
    I presume one of these is the way you've found this Community.

Also, when you've installed the lastest version, there is often a Window that opens with links to 'how-to' or 'what's new' videos.

Finally, and probably the most useful link for a new user, videos on Studio specifically can be found here: 

Studio How-to Videos

Hope this is useful to you!

All the best,

Ali Slight smile

• Hi 

You can proceed with the update installation without losing your settings or the license. Your settings and license remain active from update to update.

The only time you need to release the license from your computer is if you are moving to a new machine. 

Once you have installed SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2, you will receive a notification each time there is a new update available.

Here, SR2 is replacing SR1. You will also receive notifications of 'cumulative updates', currently we're on CU4.

Also, after you have updated Studio, you should then open MultiTerm and check for updates via the Help tab. They work best together when the most recent version of each is installed.

There is quite a lot of info available for users of Studio:

Events and webinars

Resources

You'll find lots of stuff, for example the SDL Trados Studio 2019 manual or the SDL MultiTerm 2019 manual

There's also the SDL Knowledgebase where you can search for known issues and their solutions.

All of the above and a whole lot more is accessible via the SDL Support Home page.
    It's also available of course via the links on the Help tab of Studio and MultiTerm.
    I presume one of these is the way you've found this Community.

Also, when you've installed the lastest version, there is often a Window that opens with links to 'how-to' or 'what's new' videos.

Finally, and probably the most useful link for a new user, videos on Studio specifically can be found here: 

Studio How-to Videos

Hope this is useful to you!

All the best,

Ali Slight smile

Children