Correct process from upgrading from Trados 2017 to Trados 2019 with a single licence

Hello,

I'm posting this question on behalf of a colleague of mine that for some reason has no access to this section for posting questions in her RWS account (that would need addressing as well!). She has some doubts about how to upgrade from Trados 2017 to Trados 2019. Here's her question :

Hello!

I own a Trados Studio Freelance license and I have installed on my PC the 2017 version.

I donwloaded the 2019 installer from my account, but never installed it because I was fine with the 2017 version.

Now, a client has asked me to install the 2019 version, so I need to:

1) correctly deactivate the license;

2) install the 2019 version;

3) correctly reactivate the license in order to be able to use it with the 2019 version.

I read in this article:

community.rws.com/.../retaining-my-old-licence-after-upgrading-from-studio-2017-or-2019-to-studio-2021

that:

"DO NOT physically deactivate your legacy (2017) version in the software itself. Deactivated licences CANNOT be reactivated."

However, this other article:

gateway.sdl.com/CommunityKnowledge

(even though its title starts with "Online deactivation of a Single User License") seems to explain how to deactivate the license from WITHIN the software.

a) Can you confirm that I should follow the step-by-step instructions from this second article anyway in order to correctly deactivate my license?

b) Can you confirm that I need to uninstall the old version of License Server Manager and install the new one before doing it, following the step-by-step instructions from this article:

gateway.sdl.com/CommunityKnowledge ?

c) Can you confirm that I need to uninstall the 2017 version before installing the 2019 one?

d) Can you confirm that, after having installed the 2019 version, I need to follow the step-by-step instructions from this article?

gateway.sdl.com/CommunityKnowledge

e) In my account there is also a SDL Passolo 2011 Essential Single-user license that is not in use. I think I've never installed this software. May I do it now?

Thank you in advance!

emoji