Trados 2022 immediate crush

Hello,

I installed Trados 2022, it crushed right away when I tried to start it. Then I found the suggested solution from this discussion: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000001417.

After renaming folders and starting Trados I managed to go through the Introduction part, but when I tried to open a new package for translation, Trados immediately and without any warning or error messages crushed (just closed).

I've lost a very needed (moneywise) project at the moment. I don't know what to do now. 
I had crushing problems with the Trados 2021 version, but at least I could work by disabling Translation Memories, or by restarting PC, but now the new program (of an upgrade which is bought to use it!) is unusable!

What is happening with Trados, which some time ago was the CAT tool on a market, but now is causing just problems and losses?

emoji
Parents
  •    

Hi Viola, hi Laia,

I have a group of things that I do if Studio is slow or crashes. Here's what works for me:

1) Go to File > Options > Editor > Automation then UNtick 'Enable LookAhead' under 'Translation Memory' and UNtick 'Enable verification of segment' under 'After Confirming Segments Manually'

Trados Studio Options menu with 'Enable LookAhead' and 'Enable verification of segment' options unchecked to improve performance.

Both these options should help speed things up. You can verify the file after you've finished working on it all in one go via the Review tab > Verify or by clicking F8.

Then, in the Project Settings (or via File>Options if you create your own projects or work via Translate Single File), turn OFF upLift Match Repair:

Trados Studio Project Settings showing 'Match Repair' option turned off for the Editor to prevent crashes.

Turning this setting off seems to help with files that for some reason cause Studio to crash. I am sure it helps with speed too.

If you want to know what any setting means under File > Options or under Project Settings, click the Help button bottom right of the settings window:

Trados Studio Project Settings with 'Match Repair' turned off for both Editor and Batch Tasks to enhance stability.

Keeping these settings turned on if you need them works fine if you have a hi-spec fast computer and an excellent broadband connection. However, in less than perfect scenarios, it can help avoid crashes AND improve speed if you turn one or all of these features off.

I always have them all turned off, unless I need them, and Studio works well for me...

I hope this helps,

All the best,

Ali Smiley

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 1:35 PM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
Reply Children
No Data