Impossible start Trados Studio, even worse after trying repairing!

I'm in despair about the new problems with Trados Studio 2022. I needed to update a TM and downloaded the "Trados Compatibility and Migration Power Pack" as you suggested. Trados crashed and impossible to restart: Error "Sdl.Desktop.Platform.CommandBars.IActionService could not be started" when starting Trados Studio. I spent hours following your instructions for repairing and restarting TS. No success, I am afraid I lost my work and my TM...Please contact me ASAP to help.

emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

I think you may have missed the email that was sent to you.  I just checked with support and they emailed this:

=======================

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Trados Studio Support.

Please try the following to attempt to resolve the issue and be able to start Studio:

1. Make sure Studio( including any error message) is closed
    2. Go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and uninstall the Trados Compatibility and Migration Power Pack
    Note: If a Windows restart is needed at this point please accept and continue with step 3

3. While Studio is still closed go to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio ( just paste the path in Windows File Explorer and hit Enter)
    4. Rename the 17 and Studio17 folders ( to 17_123 and Studio17_123 for example)
    5. Start Studio and check if the issue still occurs

If the issue of Studio not starting still occurs or if you encounter any issues in taking the steps above we can also schedule a remote session to investigate this on your side.
    I would be available tomorrow between 9 am and 1 pm CET.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Bogdan

===================

Most likely this went into your spam folder.  Please try this solution now, and if it's still a problem find the email and reply.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children