Impossible start Trados Studio, even worse after trying repairing!

I'm in despair about the new problems with Trados Studio 2022. I needed to update a TM and downloaded the "Trados Compatibility and Migration Power Pack" as you suggested. Trados crashed and impossible to restart: Error "Sdl.Desktop.Platform.CommandBars.IActionService could not be started" when starting Trados Studio. I spent hours following your instructions for repairing and restarting TS. No success, I am afraid I lost my work and my TM...Please contact me ASAP to help.

emoji
Parents Reply
  •   

I spoke to the support team this morning who confirmed they have had a remote session with you.  The issue seems to be that you installed the wrong compatibility pack ( 17.2.8.107 - Trados Studio 2022 (SR2) for your Studio 2022 SR2 CU10 installation.

They uninstalled the pack and when prompted for a restart they asked you via the Webex chat to restart and connect back to the session which you didn't do.  So they were not able to install the correct pack for you.  If you managed to do this yourself now please confirm.

It would be useful to close this one off given the difficulties in engaging here.  Certainly I think the support team have done everything they can to help.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children
No Data