My old laptop died with my Trados product and offline deactivation failed. How do I reinstall on new computer?

My old laptop died on me and I no longer have access to it. I went in my RWS account to deactivate my Trados Studio 2019 freelance Plus offline , so that I could reinstall the product on my new laptop. I got an error message. 

(Perhaps I misunderstood the directives? I clicked on ''deactivate offline'' next to my license. I then received a deactivation ticket by email that I then copied an pasted in the ''deactivation certificate'' window. Is that what I was supposed to do? Not sure if ''certificate'' and ''ticket'' is the same thing because I keep getting an error message.

How do I proceed?. Please help.

PS: There is no reset button next to my license
[edited by: Marie Lague at 9:19 PM (GMT 1) on 8 May 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi, I ran into an issue with my new laptop. After you replied to me, I downloaded the 2019 version on my new laptop but a day or two later, that laptop crashed too! I was able to reset the new laptop and get it to work again but the Trados install I'd just done is gone. The executable remained in my Download folder, so I went through the motions to reinstall it and it asked me to enter the activation code again. I entered it and I'm getting an error message stating  ''Activation failed. No licenses are currently available for the specified activation code''.

Now I do not have access to any of my activations for Freelance Plus 2019 when I should have 2 available to me since this is the plan I had purchased. Please help!

emoji