Two versions installed: can I eliminate the older one?

Hello!

Just a small technical question: I am using Trados 2021, but I realized that I still have also the older 2019 version installed. Since ?m gaving disk space problems, can I disinstall version 2019 without affecting version 2021?

Thanks for a tip

Valeria

emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

I have tried to explain several times now that the find/replace problem is a problem that has to be resolved in the product.  You cannot fix it unless you use a solution (if you can make it work) with something like AutoHotkey which can run a script to suppress the window from always being on top.  There is no point asking in every post how to fix this.

I wanted to reinstall from scratch the previous version (2021), thinking that I can keep 2 versions active, right?

Right.

But - to my big surprise - the 2021 version is no longer available in my SDL Account.

Seems to be there when I look?

Screenshot of RWS Account Downloads page with a highlighted section for Trados Studio 2021 SR2 and a download button. Pop-up notes say 'Click on downloads' and 'Filter for 2021 or scroll down'.

You purchased an upgrade to 2022 which means that your 2021 licence is replaced with thee 2022 version.  You cannot licence 2021 with this.  However, if you go to your licences tab and show the details you will see this:

Screenshot of RWS Account Licenses page showing a Trados Studio 2022 Freelance license with details expanded. A note says 'With: Allow Studio 2021 - Add-on'.

That means that you can install 2021 on the same computer as the one you have a licenced and activated 2022 on, and when you start it up it will draw the activation from the fact 2022 is licenced.  You do not have to add the activation code at all.

This does not mean that the 2022 version has to be running, it does not. But it must be licenced.

So now you know what is happening I hope?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 3:24 PM (GMT 1) on 21 Jun 2024]
Children
No Data