Bitdefender detected an infected file while updating Studio 2024 18.0.1.2259

Yesterday when I opened Studio 2024, there was a notification that an update was available in the notification pane. I paid no mind and clicked that update button in the Studio.

I actually didn't pay attention at all whether the update was being downloaded or installed, but then Bitdefender detected an infected file at C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\Trados\TradosStudio2024\CustomPayload.exe ..., and then it was deleted. I updated and did the full system scan in Bitdefender afterwards. It found a few infected files but right now I can no longer access the Bitdefender log file.

Currently my Studio version, based on the "About" in Studio is 18.0.1.2259.

I tried both repairing and uninstalling Studio 2024 from Control Panel but it doesn't work. It says "Setup did not complete. The error is: Setup has detected a different version of this product already installed. If you still wish to remove or repair that version, you must use that version's installer." However, based on the version in Control Panel, the version is also the same 18.0.1.2259.

The fact that I can't uninstall made me worried a lot. Is there anything I can do?

emoji
Parents Reply Children
No Data