Install Multiterm Extract with Trados 2022?

Hello,

Is it no longer possible to install Multiterm Extract once we have upgraded to Trados 2022?

It is a pity! What other terminology extraction tool is proposed?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,

Géraldine Lonnoy

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Dear  ,

Thanks a lot for addressing my question and sorry for not replying earlier. 

I was very happy to be able to test and use Multiterm Extract with my students thanks to your reply (the course is "Localisation and terminology tools" in Master of translation at UCLouvain in Belgium) but we faced one issue which I couldn't solve: getting to a certain point, Multiterm Extract extracts bilingual terminology mixed into one single list (both English and French terms are mixed), as if not identifying both different languages. We came across this problem twice and I couldn't get to the bottom of it. Does this ring a bell to you? Do you know a solution? I would like to mention that during this (rather new) course, I intended to try and test as many terminology extraction tools as possible and being able to use Multiterm Extract for free (well, we have RWS accounts) was a great help and it turned out to be one of the best tools except for this big problem which made us drop it. I would be so happy to be able to solve that and use it across all my courses... Terminology extraction is a great asset and few to no products can propose good solutions. I like ProjectTermExtract as well but it only supports words and not terms, this is a huge downside :-(

Thank you again very much!

Kind regards,

Géraldine

emoji