Adding "Grammerly" to the system programs that may have to integrate with Studio?

Is anyone using it?
Any issues / problems / advice?

I assume it will need to integrate with MS Word on my system, which is already integrated with SDL Trados Studio 2017/2019.

Thanks so much in advance,

Susanna Miles

Parents Reply
  •  

These SDKs are generally more aligned with web-based or web technology-integrated desktop applications.  Since Trados Studio is a .NET application built using traditional Windows Forms and WPF these SDKs are not really directly applicable.

However, if you use Language Cloud, which you do have access to with Trados Studio you could open your projects in the online editor and probably make use of a Grammarly browser extension to achieve the checks you want.  I just installed it into Chrome and it seems to work well.  Tthis is definitely not a supported product but nothing stops you trying it out.

You could also install the app they provide for Word, if you don't already have it, and then export for bilingual review and check your translations in Word.  May be a bit fiddly as you'll have source in there as well, but perhaps there is a sensible way to manage that.  I haven't tried it myself.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children