Cannot install Ai Professional plugin

I am not a technical person and can barely find anything I download.

I would like to add Chat GPT to Trados. So I found the AI Professional plug in. It is downloaded and magically on my desktop. Just when I double click I get this: Error message stating 'There is no application set to open the document AI Professional.sdlplugin'. Options to search App Store, choose an application, or cancel are displayed.

So I stupidly chose Choose Application and took the first Microsoft thing I saw. Outlook. Now I am stuck with Outlook as default until I die, I think.

How do I get around this and add the plug in to Trados?

Please explain in a very simple way. Ask Chat: how do I explain this to a tired single parent who really doesn't care how things work as long as they work?  Ha ha.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 12:02 PM (GMT 1) on 4 Apr 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

Double clicking an sdlplugin should work, so you may need to repair Trados Studio... unless of course you are saving this in a Mac environment and are trying to run a windows application in a Mac computer (which I think you may be doing looking at that screenshot ;-)) 

I suggest you do it this way though given you must have Studio running already:

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

Double clicking an sdlplugin should work, so you may need to repair Trados Studio... unless of course you are saving this in a Mac environment and are trying to run a windows application in a Mac computer (which I think you may be doing looking at that screenshot ;-)) 

I suggest you do it this way though given you must have Studio running already:

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children
No Data