AI Professional - search options

I wonder about the search options "Include target segment with the translation request" and "Use cached results". Is there a reason why I should not always select both? If I don't refer, in my prompt, to the target translation, does it hurt select that option anyway? And  does it hurt to always also reuse the translation already received? 

Is this mainly a matter of which load I cause on the translation provider? I.e. I should not make requests which take unnecessary time and use unnecessary provider resources (thereby adding costs)?

(I did watch the video but am still not sure of this.)

PS. I ask this in the Community Feedback to see if the Smart Help will direct me to the proper forum (as Paul Filkin describes it in his blog post) and maybe even provide a provisional reply.

emoji
  • Hello,

The options "Include target segment with the translation request" and "Use cached results" in Trados Studio are designed to give you more control over your translation process.

1. "Include target segment with the translation request": This option is useful when you want the translation provider to have context about the target translation. Even if your prompt doesn't refer to the target translation, it doesn't hurt to select this option. It simply provides more information to the translation provider, which can help in producing a more accurate translation.

2. "Use cached results": This option allows Trados Studio to reuse translations that have already been received. This can speed up the translation process and reduce the load on the translation provider. It's generally a good idea to have this option selected, as it can save time and resources.

However, it's important to note that these options should be used based on your specific needs and the requirements of your translation project. If you're unsure, it's always a good idea to experiment with these settings to see how they affect your translation results.

Remember, these options are there to help you optimize your translation process. They're not mandatory, and you should use them in a way that best suits your needs.

I hope this helps clarify things for you. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  •  

I ask this in the Community Feedback to see if the Smart Help will direct me to the proper forum

It didn't... it seemed to have offered Trados Studio when the correct place should have been the appstore.  My guess is there wasn't enough context for the AI to offer the right place.

and maybe even provide a provisional reply.

It did... but again there was no context in the question to tell the AI that this is actually related to an app., so it's used what it knows about Studio generally to try and respond.

Clearly anyone who knows the app will be able to figure out what you meant... but AI is only a computer!!

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji