Hello 

I usually get review tasks for files in bilingual docx format from Phrase

the sample is attached

is there any plugin to import Phrase Bilingual Docx to Studio

I found a plugin for MXLIFF, however, it does not support Bilingual Dcox

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

To review a Memsource / Phrase Bilingual Docx in Trados Studio, you can follow these steps:

Step 1: Open Trados Studio.

Step 2: Click on "Open Document" on the welcome screen or go to "File" > "Open Document" in the top menu.

Step 3: Navigate to the location of your bilingual Docx file and select it.

Step 4: Click "Open". The file will be imported into Trados Studio.

Step 5: You can now review the file in the Editor view. The source and target segments will be displayed side by side for easy comparison and editing.

Please note that Trados Studio does not currently have a specific plugin for importing Phrase Bilingual Docx files. However, it can handle bilingual Docx files in general. If you encounter any issues with the file format, you may need to ask the file provider to export the file in a different format that is compatible with Trados Studio, such as SDLXLIFF.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  •  

The AI is hallucinating here... there is no plugin or tool to import a bilingual review file into Trados.

You might be able to hide the unwanted columns and just import the target column into a project that is Arabic to Arabic... but I think that would really be a bad idea.  These files are normally intended for users who don't use CAT tools.  If you use a CAT that isn't Phrase then ask for the mxliff.  Easy enough to provide and then you have better support.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Reply Children
No Data