Certification - doubts and questions

Good morning!

We are a small group of students trying to understand the subtleties of Studio as we intend to apply to the certification “Getting Started”. We were given exercises in class, but unfortunately are thoroughly failing to get the right answer for two questions : maybe you could help? I will explain them in 2 separate messages.

The first one is about “Tag verification”. I know Studio runs an automatic tag verification by “saving as”.

But as far as I know, it’s just a failure report with no information on the errors proper. In order to know where the tag errors are, you need to run a verification in the whole document (F8 or Settings/Verification).

The test we were given offers only 4 possible answers, with none of them seeming to match =>

• “menu command Edit => Verify” (and not “Settings”)
  • “automatically when you save a document” (and not “save as”)
  • “through Review => Verify”
  • “Automatically when you save a document”

I think both the first and the second may apply, though not perfectly. I would very much appreciate any input on this!

Thank you… !

Ingrid

Parents Reply
  • To add to Paul's answer, it is Review-Verify because the Verify button can be found under the Review tab in the ribbon. In actual practice I use F8 and not the button in the ribbon, but that's where you can find it. You didn't tell us specifically what the question asks, just the answers, but in any case, tag verification is part of the overall verification, so don't worry about that.

And a tip: to see the English names of the settings, you can change Studio's interface language quite easily by going to the View tab. You will need to restart Studio after selecting the language you want, but that's all it takes. My suggestion would be to change the interface to English and take screenshots of the various areas that you've been looking at, then switching back to French to compare. I think that would give you additional confidence that you're choosing the right answers in the English test. : )
Children
No Data