Using SDL Plugins Programmatically

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to the whole plugin area of Trados, but I was wondering if there is a way to use them programmatically. I've done some research on the forums and don't seem to see a direct way to work it into my script via the API, but I was wondering if there was a workaround for this.

I'm currently trying to use the MTEnhancedProvider plugin to use the Microsoft Translator service via Studio (in conjunction with a local TM). If I add the MTEnhancedProvider plugin to a template and then use that template file in my program when creating projects, I get the following error (which I know is due to it being used programmatically and not via the GUI in Studio):

{"Unexpected exception when initializing task 'Analyze Files': Authentication failed for translation provider 'mtenhancedprovider:///?sendplaintextonly=False&selectedprovider=Microsoft+Translator&usecatid=False&catid=&resenddrafts=False&usepreedit=False&usepostedit=False&prelookupfilename=&postlookupfilename='.."}

Since plugins are essentially custom zipped files, so I checked it out to see what it contains: 

RestSharp.dll and Sdl.Community.MtEnhancedProvider.dll seem to be good contenders to fix my problem, but is there a way to interact with them nicely once I reference them in my script?

Thanks,

Luke

Parents Reply Children
No Data