AddTerm disabled in SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 for non Multiterm glossaries?

I use a different TerminologyProvider than Multiterm and since updating to Studio 2019 SR2 adding terms to my glossaries is no longer possible via my ITerminologyProviderViewerWinFormsUI implemetation.

Neither the shortcut nor the options on the ribbon or in the context menu work (the latter being disabled/greyed out).

From what I can tell AddTerm/AddAndEditTerm won't be triggered any more (breakpoints won't be hit) unless a Multiterm glossary ("termbase") is added as the default provider. Of course all terms then go into that termbase instead of my glossaries.

Can anyone confirm?

Is this a bug in SR2 or by design (to discourage the use of alternative terminology sources)?

Parents
  • Hello ,

I have investigated this and starting with Studio 2019, if you want to have the Add new term/Add quick term available, you need to override the IsReadOnly property in the class which implements the AbstractTerminologyProvider. 

By default, the property is set to true, so you need to set to false.

Bellow, you can see the updated code of ExcelTerminologyProvider app, regarding this functionality.

Screenshot of Trados Studio code editor showing the ExcelTerminologyProvider class with the IsReadOnly property set to false, highlighted with a red arrow. Solution Explorer on the right shows the project structure.

Note: I will commit these changes in ExcelTerminologyProvider app, so until the end of the day, the changes will be available also in Sdl Community Github repository.

Kind regards,

Florentina Lucia

With kind regards,

Florentina Caputa

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 1:17 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hello ,

I have investigated this and starting with Studio 2019, if you want to have the Add new term/Add quick term available, you need to override the IsReadOnly property in the class which implements the AbstractTerminologyProvider. 

By default, the property is set to true, so you need to set to false.

Bellow, you can see the updated code of ExcelTerminologyProvider app, regarding this functionality.

Screenshot of Trados Studio code editor showing the ExcelTerminologyProvider class with the IsReadOnly property set to false, highlighted with a red arrow. Solution Explorer on the right shows the project structure.

Note: I will commit these changes in ExcelTerminologyProvider app, so until the end of the day, the changes will be available also in Sdl Community Github repository.

Kind regards,

Florentina Lucia

With kind regards,

Florentina Caputa

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 1:17 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children