Trados Studio 2022 fuzzy settings

Hello,

I am trying to get fuzzy target from Trados Studio to use as one of the parameters in out internal translation API.

Here are my questions for the same

1. How to setup project to find fuzzy? Does it need TMs?
  2. How to set up fuzzy match score?
  3. If fuzzy match above score “XX” is found in Trados for a sentence, how to grab the target for this fuzzy match. We need this fuzzy match target to be send as one of the parameters in our API Request
emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hello  Unfortunately there is no public repository but here are all the details

Are you creating a plugin integration or standalone project?

-> We already have plugin integration with Trados. During project creation, user can select our plugin as Translation provider. I am working on adding our "NFA feature" to our existing plugin.

Here are details about the feature requirements

--> We have our plugin configuration settings form, here we added additional configurable parameter "NFA". 

--> If "NFA" feature is on, the lookup for fuzzy match must be done. The seach is performed on Translation Memories added to the project during project creation.

--> Finally, if a fuzzy match above score “XX” is found in Trados for a sentence, then grab the target of this fuzzy match and add it to the translation request.

Here's snapshot when I add TM and our plugin ads Translation provider.  

I need access all the information related to current project in my plugin code. I should get path to current TM to perform fuzzy look ups in ,y plugin code

I have used <ProjectController> but it does gives information regarding previous project in the list but not the current one. 

Trados Studio project creation window showing Translation Resources tab with a Translation Memory named 'FR_EN_US, EN_US-FR_FR.sdltm' and a plugin 'SYSTRAN Enterprise Server - spns@dev.systran.us' added as a Translation provider.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 1:38 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children