Does ISHRemote only see a Document Object if it has object, version and language layer present?

Hi,

I am still researching and trying to understand the workings of ISHRemote for manipulating objects in Tridion Docs.

While testing various calls to Get-IshDocumentObj it appears to sometimes remove only the language layer of a document object.

When I view the document object in Tridion Web Client I can still see the Object and Version layer. However, when I test further attempts to get or remove this object view ISHRemote, it doesn't find it.

Can anyone explain the visibility of a topic object in Tridion Web Client that cannot be seen via call to Get-IshDocumentObj using ISHRemote?

Any feedback appreciated,

Regards,

Ann

Parents Reply
  • Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I see the docs for the function says "Delete Will Fail...if the map is referenced by another map". How does this differ to calling ISHRemote cmdlet Remove-IshDocumentObj?

When I test and call $ishSession.DocumentObj25.Delete it seems to only remove the language layer whereas Remove-IshDocumentObj removes both the language and version layer. Whatever way I try to delete a topic that is referenced from elsewhere, once the language layer is gone then the logical / object layer isn't seen by ISHRemote so I cannot do any further processing to something that is invisible. 

Am I trying to do the impossible here or is there some way to achieve this?

Also, I seem to be getting very few responses on my questions and wonder if there is another forum/site that community members use?

Thanks in advance,

Ann

Children
No Data