Error when accessing web service with ISHRemote

I am trying to start a Content Manager web service session with a command like this:

$ishSession = New-IshSession -WsBaseUrl ourserver.sdlproducts.com/ISHWS -PSCredential myemail@example.com

This command fails with the following error:

New-IshSession : The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for
communication because it is in the Faulted state.
At line:1 char:15
+ ... shSession = New-IshSession -WsBaseUrl intraloxdevcm02.sdlprod ...
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [New-IshSession], CommunicationObjectFaultedException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NewIshSession,Trisoft.ISHRemote.Cmdlets.Session.NewIshSession

Any ideas how I could fix this?

Thanks,

Mark

Parents
  • Hi Mark,

The error comes from the WIndows Communication Foundation, so the SOAP communication layer between the client (ISHRemote) and the server (ISHWS). It is quite a generic error that something went wrong server-side (ISHWS) mostly. The cause could range from a race-condition/network glitch over configuration issues to authentication issues.

So if you have access, the server-side log files around your attempt time might indicate more. If possible please share that error, I would expect it in \InfoShare\Data\Logs\InfoShareWS_yyyymmdd.log

By default, a server installation is set up to recover from these through detection and recycling. So by now your code can already work again.

-Dave

• Hi Mark,

The error comes from the WIndows Communication Foundation, so the SOAP communication layer between the client (ISHRemote) and the server (ISHWS). It is quite a generic error that something went wrong server-side (ISHWS) mostly. The cause could range from a race-condition/network glitch over configuration issues to authentication issues.

So if you have access, the server-side log files around your attempt time might indicate more. If possible please share that error, I would expect it in \InfoShare\Data\Logs\InfoShareWS_yyyymmdd.log

By default, a server installation is set up to recover from these through detection and recycling. So by now your code can already work again.

-Dave

Children