Not Considering

Request to have the output of afmtotsf.log saved to $xz/procs/site

Hello, 

Troubleshooting an error related to afmtotsf.pl had me hunting for the output location of the script - I was able to find the script $xz/procs/site) before i was able to find the log file. Could the output of the script be saved to the same location as afmtotsf,pl?

Thanks for considering this.

- Thomas

Parents
  • Sorry Thomas,

I don't think that logfiles belong somewhere underneath  the $XYV_EXECS folder.
    As the name implies it, the $XYV_EXECS folder should only contain software.

I like the fact that what lives inside the $XYV_EXECS folder remains stable (as long as you don't update or patch).
    This allows for easy comparing or syncing different XPP servers and get an easy answer to questions like: did I install all patches on all servers?

As you found out the logfile of the afmtotsf.pl utility can be found where it belongs: in the XYV_TMPS folder. (the first place to look for things like intermediate files or log files)

Comment
  • Sorry Thomas,

I don't think that logfiles belong somewhere underneath  the $XYV_EXECS folder.
    As the name implies it, the $XYV_EXECS folder should only contain software.

I like the fact that what lives inside the $XYV_EXECS folder remains stable (as long as you don't update or patch).
    This allows for easy comparing or syncing different XPP servers and get an easy answer to questions like: did I install all patches on all servers?

As you found out the logfile of the afmtotsf.pl utility can be found where it belongs: in the XYV_TMPS folder. (the first place to look for things like intermediate files or log files)

Children
No Data