Idea Delivered

Live Team : lack of project and file info in TM and concordance search

Hello

In Live Team, there is no project info capture with segments that are saved in the TM, contrary to Studio and GroupShare. This is a major shortcoming, as context is everything in translation. Without knowing which project, file, client a segment is coming from, it's difficult to know if it should be used or not.

You should put this at the top of your enhancement list.

The only info available is the TM name, author name and date. This is not enough.

Parents
  • I support the idea to have more information available in TM Look-up results and Concordance search. Important correction though, it is not even the TM name that is being displayed - it is the Translation Engine. Which could be the same as TM if you only have one TM in T-Engine. But since there is no other way to have several TMs (with varying trust levels) connected to a project other than to include them in T-Engine, this becomes even more confusing when only T-Engine name is displayed.
    Therefore, my clarification would be to display each TM name separately for TU (not the Translation Engine name).

I have a related idea, I will post separately - to have a tighter control over the chain of responsibility by adding "Editor Verified" status to the TUs. This should allow for having higher trust levels for segments with the same match value, if they were reviewed by the editor. It does not matter as much if a segment is 100% match or a Context Match  as it does whether the segment was verified by a designated Editor (TU assigned Translation Approved status at Linguistic Review stage). For Editor verified TUs additional options for pretranslation and filtering could be used - pretranslate and lock Editor Reviewed segments during project creation or Filter by all segments apart from Editor Verified during translation /editing. 

• - feature about the TU status is already implemented. Basically each TU holds the status from which it comes, e.g. from translation or review, and you can set penalties in your project to penalize e.g. TUs from translation and not penalize reviewed TUs.

Comment Children
No Data