Under Community Review

Also apply the Verify match value to the target term

If the Verify match value was also applied (possibly optionally) to the target term, this would greatly reduce the number of false positives (where only the "ending" differs) 

Parents
  • To better describe the situation.
    If the German "klicken" with matching English "click" is defined in the TB, "clicking" will not match, although a 5/8 match value would.
    Possibly allow different match values for source and target.

• Thanks Anthony - I am wondering if you had a chance yet to look at our cloud-based terminology offering. The reason I am asking this is that we have added a new type of search there called "linguistic search" - which is the new default rather than fuzzy search as we have it in MultiTerm. I believe that you will not see such false positives anymore with the linguistic search, since it will consider derived forms in a much better, more 'linguistic' way, rather than the more 'brute force' fuzzy search. Might be worth a look potentially.

Comment
  • Thanks Anthony - I am wondering if you had a chance yet to look at our cloud-based terminology offering. The reason I am asking this is that we have added a new type of search there called "linguistic search" - which is the new default rather than fuzzy search as we have it in MultiTerm. I believe that you will not see such false positives anymore with the linguistic search, since it will consider derived forms in a much better, more 'linguistic' way, rather than the more 'brute force' fuzzy search. Might be worth a look potentially.

Children