Under Community Review

Make Field Templates exportable

When managing a large number of TMs, including file-based ones, we find that it is difficult to maintain the same field names and values across language pairs or across customer-specific TMs. In order to be consistent and to create templates "from scratch", it would help if there were a way to export (and subsequently re-import) field templates that can be used for all of our server TMs.

Parents
  • To clarify the suggestion: I am aware that the template can be exported as suggested via Export. That just creates a server-based template. I am more looking to have an exportable file, like a TMX file, that can be edited externally and then be reimported. We use custom fields extensively and the edit function within GS is limited when it comes to comparing long lists of field values or fields.

Comment
  • To clarify the suggestion: I am aware that the template can be exported as suggested via Export. That just creates a server-based template. I am more looking to have an exportable file, like a TMX file, that can be edited externally and then be reimported. We use custom fields extensively and the edit function within GS is limited when it comes to comparing long lists of field values or fields.

Children
No Data