Idea Delivered Partially

While the overall words stat is available in the projects report view, we're currently revisiting the existing project view and planning improvements to it, incl. adding the word count in an upcoming release next year. 

Show amount of words at project level

Hello, for better planning, it would be very helpful to see the amount of words on the project panel (instead of having to open each project seperatly). This feature would be much appreciated in Studio, too. Thanks!

Parents
  • Ok, thanks, Raphael. What is really needed is a running count of the non-repeated words remaining to be done, ideally shown at the project level, as Aurélie suggests. Today, I have a technical document with over 30,000 repetitions, which will auto-propagate, and only about 6,000 words to actually translate. To deal with this situation, I use the Community Advanced Filter to "exclude all reps except the first instance" and then mark them all with a status not used in the project, such as "translation rejected". Then, the running word count of "not translated" words at the bottom of the screen shows the correct number of non-repeated words remaining to be done. This system works perfectly, but it is a pity to have to obtain such essential information in such a convoluted way.

Comment
  • Ok, thanks, Raphael. What is really needed is a running count of the non-repeated words remaining to be done, ideally shown at the project level, as Aurélie suggests. Today, I have a technical document with over 30,000 repetitions, which will auto-propagate, and only about 6,000 words to actually translate. To deal with this situation, I use the Community Advanced Filter to "exclude all reps except the first instance" and then mark them all with a status not used in the project, such as "translation rejected". Then, the running word count of "not translated" words at the bottom of the screen shows the correct number of non-repeated words remaining to be done. This system works perfectly, but it is a pity to have to obtain such essential information in such a convoluted way.

Children
No Data