Under Community Review

64-bit version of Studio

Please create a 64-bit version of Studio. At present only a 32-bit version is available, and therefore it can theoretically only access 2-3GB of system memory, meaning that upgrading your machine with more memory then this does not have any beneficial impact on Studio performance.

When handling large files & projects, allowing Studio access to all of your system's memory would make a huge difference in time and performance, and for this the app needs to be 64-bit.

Are there any plans to release a 64-bit version in future?

Parents
  • I'd say it's necessary for translators working on very big SDLXLIFF (multiple at once), mostly generated from XML's with embedded content. In the past I've sat down with some translators of the Dutch NWO and watched the memory usage and crashing of Studio because of it.  I think it's time Studio (and also the TMS workers) are upgraded to 64bit to remove the 32bit memory addressing limit.

Comment
  • I'd say it's necessary for translators working on very big SDLXLIFF (multiple at once), mostly generated from XML's with embedded content. In the past I've sat down with some translators of the Dutch NWO and watched the memory usage and crashing of Studio because of it.  I think it's time Studio (and also the TMS workers) are upgraded to 64bit to remove the 32bit memory addressing limit.

Children
No Data