Under Community Review

Dark Mode or night Mode in SDL

Can SDL editor template be made into Night mode as its very white no matter how much line colors are changed.

If affects my vision. 

Parents
  • Hi - just thought I'd comment here as I recently rediscovered the Colors customization feature in Studio that can help at least to some extent with this. Are you aware of this feature? For instance, you can switch defaults to have white text on black background, or choose a light gray text colour if needed. More information is available at https://docs.rws.com/813470/887746/trados-studio-2021-sr2/file--options---colors

Screenshot of Trados Studio Ideas showing text comparison between 'Getting Started' in English and 'Erste Schritte' in German with color customization. 

This is available under File - Options - Colors and there are quite some options there to play with. In my screenshot above, I have not changed the colour for context and fuzzy match icons in the middle column, so that might be useful also and can be changed along with almost every other element in the Studio editor.

Also, there is an interesting option at operating system level around this - you can switch on "night light" in Windows 10/11 and it will change the overall Windows scheme to be more friendly to the eyes - might also be worth a try.

Screenshot of Windows Night Light settings with options to turn on now, adjust strength, and schedule from sunset to sunrise.

Thanks, Daniel

Comment
  • Hi - just thought I'd comment here as I recently rediscovered the Colors customization feature in Studio that can help at least to some extent with this. Are you aware of this feature? For instance, you can switch defaults to have white text on black background, or choose a light gray text colour if needed. More information is available at https://docs.rws.com/813470/887746/trados-studio-2021-sr2/file--options---colors

Screenshot of Trados Studio Ideas showing text comparison between 'Getting Started' in English and 'Erste Schritte' in German with color customization. 

This is available under File - Options - Colors and there are quite some options there to play with. In my screenshot above, I have not changed the colour for context and fuzzy match icons in the middle column, so that might be useful also and can be changed along with almost every other element in the Studio editor.

Also, there is an interesting option at operating system level around this - you can switch on "night light" in Windows 10/11 and it will change the overall Windows scheme to be more friendly to the eyes - might also be worth a try.

Screenshot of Windows Night Light settings with options to turn on now, adjust strength, and schedule from sunset to sunrise.

Thanks, Daniel

Children
No Data