Under Community Review

Defining curly apostrophes (quotes) as default for all projects (=not only in the Editor)

We would like to haben the apostrophes always written the same way, that is the curly ones, not the straight ones.

It would be great having the possibility to select these curly apostrophes as the basic feature for all Trados projects.

And also: including for texts coming from our Deepl add-in. 

Parents
  • Dear Alison, dear Annemieke,

Thanks for your answers!

Yes, Annemieke you described very well my problem :-)  it works well with the curly quote when I actively type the quote, but if I use a proposed term form the system, or if I make a typing error and accept the word corrected by the system and a quote is in it, then it puts the straight quote...

That's why I was hoping for a "default" option that I could choose from the general projet plattform, and not only in the editor.

I haven't contacted the Deepl support yet, but I will try. However, the question is primarily a Trados one, since as explained above, it doesn't only concern the Deepl segments.  

If you find a solution to that, please let me know!

Best regards,

Marion

Schön, dich hier wiederzufinden! ;-))

Comment
  • Dear Alison, dear Annemieke,

Thanks for your answers!

Yes, Annemieke you described very well my problem :-)  it works well with the curly quote when I actively type the quote, but if I use a proposed term form the system, or if I make a typing error and accept the word corrected by the system and a quote is in it, then it puts the straight quote...

That's why I was hoping for a "default" option that I could choose from the general projet plattform, and not only in the editor.

I haven't contacted the Deepl support yet, but I will try. However, the question is primarily a Trados one, since as explained above, it doesn't only concern the Deepl segments.  

If you find a solution to that, please let me know!

Best regards,

Marion

Schön, dich hier wiederzufinden! ;-))

Children
No Data