Under Community Review

Fix automatically multiple and erroneous spaces

Some sort of Editor option that would either 1) do not allow entering multiple spaces/extra spaces at the beginning/end of a segment or 2) fix them automatically. For example, Metatexis provides such an option at the preparing final version stage. This simple improvement would save hours on QA issues.

Parents
  • Hi Spiros,

You already know, I presume, that a space search is available as part of the QA check?

Trados Studio QA Checker settings showing options to check for multiple spaces and extra space at the end of target segment with warnings enabled.

Also as part of the Tag Verifier settings?

Trados Studio Tag Verifier settings with a checked option for spacing around tags, categorized as a note.

The above settings are available both via File>Options=your profile settings and via Project Settings (which always overrule your profile settings)

I think the best place to add a space checker would be under File>Options>Editor>Autocorrect as that would be automatically applied to all documents worked on in the chosen Target language, regardless of project settings:

Trados Studio Autocorrect settings for the English (United Kingdom) target language with options for correcting text as you type.

It would have to be possible to turn it on and off. I frequently work on documents that have multiple spaces in the Source that must be included in the Target text Slight smile

I hope you approve of my suggestions,

Have a super day!

Ali Smiley

Comment
  • Hi Spiros,

You already know, I presume, that a space search is available as part of the QA check?

Trados Studio QA Checker settings showing options to check for multiple spaces and extra space at the end of target segment with warnings enabled.

Also as part of the Tag Verifier settings?

Trados Studio Tag Verifier settings with a checked option for spacing around tags, categorized as a note.

The above settings are available both via File>Options=your profile settings and via Project Settings (which always overrule your profile settings)

I think the best place to add a space checker would be under File>Options>Editor>Autocorrect as that would be automatically applied to all documents worked on in the chosen Target language, regardless of project settings:

Trados Studio Autocorrect settings for the English (United Kingdom) target language with options for correcting text as you type.

It would have to be possible to turn it on and off. I frequently work on documents that have multiple spaces in the Source that must be included in the Target text Slight smile

I hope you approve of my suggestions,

Have a super day!

Ali Smiley

Children