Idea Delivered Partially

Setting to partially delivered - it's available in the cloud offerings, including the free Trados Studio cloud capabilities. So for anyone working with cloud resources, this is now available.

Possibility to manually add a new translation unit to a TM

It would be very practical in certain cases to be able to manually add a new translation unit to a TM, where you type in (or paste in) your source and target segments. In terms of settings information, the TM could automatically add some default parameters, such as "manually added TU".

Parents
  • I was looking for this functionality in Trados Studio 2017 and as I found nothing in the TM mainetnance view, I arrived here. My simple workaround took me maybe 3-5 minutes the first time. If I had to do it again I think I could do it in under a minute.

Task: Add a sentence and its translation (a TU) to a TM, as it had been added to the source after the job had been delivered.

Workaround:

1. I created a text file (.txt) (I called it "Addition.txt" just because) in any folder.

2. I pasted the source sentence into "Addition.txt" and closed it.

3. I opened "Addition.txt" in Trados Studio using the "Translate Single Document" command.

4. I made sure the Project Settings included the TM I wanted to add the TU to.

5. I copied and pasted the translation I had sent my customer into the target window and confirmed it (thus adding it to the TM).

6. I closed the new project and checked to make sure the new TU was in the TM... it was. Done!

I'm going to leave "Addition.txt" where it is and use it for any future additions I want to make. If the addition I need to make is to another TM, I'll change the TM in the Project Settings. Without steps 1-2, I'm pretty sure I can do this in under a minute.

Cheers!

Comment
  • I was looking for this functionality in Trados Studio 2017 and as I found nothing in the TM mainetnance view, I arrived here. My simple workaround took me maybe 3-5 minutes the first time. If I had to do it again I think I could do it in under a minute.

Task: Add a sentence and its translation (a TU) to a TM, as it had been added to the source after the job had been delivered.

Workaround:

1. I created a text file (.txt) (I called it "Addition.txt" just because) in any folder.

2. I pasted the source sentence into "Addition.txt" and closed it.

3. I opened "Addition.txt" in Trados Studio using the "Translate Single Document" command.

4. I made sure the Project Settings included the TM I wanted to add the TU to.

5. I copied and pasted the translation I had sent my customer into the target window and confirmed it (thus adding it to the TM).

6. I closed the new project and checked to make sure the new TU was in the TM... it was. Done!

I'm going to leave "Addition.txt" where it is and use it for any future additions I want to make. If the addition I need to make is to another TM, I'll change the TM in the Project Settings. Without steps 1-2, I'm pretty sure I can do this in under a minute.

Cheers!

Children
No Data